Jury finds man did not kill cabinet maker | The Canberra Times

0

- Advertisement -


- Advertisement -

news, latest-news

A Melbourne man has been found not guilty of murdering a cabinet maker over an unpaid renovation bill and accusations of shoddy work. A jury on Friday found Samir Mayhoub, 56, not guilty of murder or the alternative charge of manslaughter over the stabbing death of Bunyamin Oksuz at Campbellfield, in Melbourne, in 2019. Crown prosecutor Melissa Mahady had previously alleged Mr Mayhoub stabbed Mr Oksuz, 61, in the chest when the cabinet maker arrived at his customer’s home to recoup the $8400. The cabinet maker of 30 years had badgered Mr Mayhoub for months after receiving partial payment for kitchen and laundry work, Ms Mahady told Victoria’s Supreme Court in May. Mr Oksuz brought a friend to Mr Mayhoub’s home in May 2019 and a fight broke out in front of the accused killer’s horrified family. Mr Mayhoub thought the work was shoddy and grabbed a knife. This was solely to protect himself and his family, his barrister Ruth Shann said previously. The altercation was captured on Mr Mayhoub’s home CCTV before Mr Oksuz collapsed and died on the street. “I don’t know how the knife got there. I wasn’t trying to murder him or anything, it just happened,” Mr Mayhoub told police. “I only protect my family, that’s all.” Australian Associated Press

/images/transform/v1/crop/frm/silverstone-feed-data/74433b15-088f-44ae-9877-3732701a73c8.jpg/r0_74_800_526_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg





Read More:Jury finds man did not kill cabinet maker | The Canberra Times

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Get more stuff like this
in your inbox

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.